Sunday, April 27, 2008

Family night at the mall

We took advantage of the free family night at the Coral Ridge Mall this past Friday. Kids meals and carousel rides were free, which was nice. Lots of other events were going on, specifically a car dealership setting up a table to make play cars out of candy bars and mints. Peter was excited to see what that was about. I have to admit, as hungry and pregnant as I was, I stepped up to that table rather quickly. Who can pass up a free Twix bar? I know, I know! I'm pathetic when pregnant!
We ate some yummy Chick-fil-A food, which Sam had been wanting all week. Afterwards, Peter and Natalie got to meet the Chick-fil-A cow. Peter was more than willing to meet and greet the burger-saving cow, but Natalie was a little more reserved.
Finally, we lined up to take a ride on the carousel. Peter really wanted the elephant, but it was already taken. I had the talk with him earlier about the possibility of not getting the elephant. I let him know he didn't need to get upset and just needed to find another animal to ride. To my surprise, that talk worked and he just went onto the reindeer. Phew! Making things easy, Natalie wanted to ride on a horse, which there were a plenty!
As you can see in the video below, the kids and Sam had lots of fun on the ride. I, on the other hand, had a little motion sickness! That ride goes pretty fast (or maybe I'm just getting old)!

No comments: