Don't get too excited - I'm still pregnant.
This morning I had my 38 & 1/2 week appointment. We took the kids with us since our neighbors were there to help watch them and possibly take them home in the event I was sent to labor/delivery. Well, after a week of pains and contractions (that I'm starting to feel), there was no change from last week and I'm still only 6cm dilated. How this could be, I have no idea! Luckily, I felt like my OB was becoming sympathetic to my misery (or -as Sam noted - every sentence I spoke this morning was pressure talk to get this delivery going). My OB stripped my membranes while checking my cervix. Two things about that are 1) OUCHY OUCH OUCH!!! and 2) a little more than 2 seconds warning would have been nice. It was just a glimpse of what labor is going to feel like - which, oddly enough, I've forgotten the level of pain laboring a baby can bring. After my OB was done, he spoke the words every 9-month pregnant woman wants to hear "Have we set a date for induction?" When he asked, I was too shocked and in awe of those words I couldn't respond right away. I felt like I needed a moment to take those words into my reality. So, now, he has me set to come back on Monday morning for induction! YAY!!!
So, that all happened at 10am. We were advised to stay in the hospital and walk around just in case something were to happen immediately. After 3 hours in the hospital (with the kids mind you) nothing happened and we came home. It's now 5pm and still nothing, only pain from getting membranes stripped.
Nevertheless, as Sam keeps reminding me, it's what I wanted - to get closer to having this baby! If it's not going to happen naturally over the weekend, I'll still have Monday!
PS: When asked when does he think the baby will come, Peter response is "100 weeks"!!!
I sure hope he doesn't know something that I don't know!
No comments:
Post a Comment