Monday, June 23, 2008

Today is the BIG DAY!

We've made it to the big day! We'll finally have this baby today!
It's 5am now, and in the 3 hours I'll be walking into what will be my last OB appointment, at which I'm scheduled to be induced. First of all, I can't believe I lasted over the weekend! All that pain of getting membranes stripped for nothing!
(Word to the wise: don't opt for stripping of your membranes ladies! Save the pain for the real deal labor!)
I guess the baby felt s/he needed this last weekend in what will probably be the most comfortable atmosphere s/he'll ever be in! Smart kid already! :)
I've been up since about 4am. I tried to go back to sleep until 6am when our alarms are set, but it's futile. I'm too excited with butterflies (and heartburn). So, I took the opportunity to sneak in a small bowl of Rice Crispies (hope I don't see it again) while watching the sun rise. It was a short yet peaceful moment, which I'm sure will be few and far between in the near future!
I hope to keep up with the blog as much as possible to update everyone and to remind myself of this baby's first days/weeks/months of life. Nevertheless, just rest in knowing that there's lots of excitement in the house and we're all anxious to finally meet this little baby that's been kicking my belly.
Peter and Natalie are excited too. Peter (the keen observer he is) has been commenting how big my belly has been getting also practicing his baby talk (goo goo ga ga). Meanwhile, Natalie has been giving kisses to the baby, listening for noises ("what's that sound coming from?") and generally enjoying the belly as some sort of a pillow. Sorry, Natalie! Mommy doesn't plan to always have the big "fluffy" belly for your head to rest upon, but you're always welcome to rest your head on me any time!

No comments: