Sunday, July 13, 2008

Three-week old Elaine update

It's been an interesting and fun adjustment period for us all. It's still work in progress (I would imagine it'll be a lifelong adjustment) but we're doing great. Elaine is sleeping more at night. Her "typical" night would be to fall asleep around 10-11pm, wake around 2-3am for feeding, then again around 7am. I can't say that this is every night, but it's been a repeating pattern that I think I could live with! She's more alert during the days, looking around at her surroundings, especially Peter and Natalie:


Her nap schedule during the days is a little unknown to me. She doesn't nap well other than in my arms or on my chest. That's why I'll be reading my "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" book again. Until she's 6 weeks or so, I can't help but spoil her by holding her all the time.
Here is a rare daytime moment of Elaine sleeping like an angel...

...apparently, having a nice dream (or a warm diaper feeling).

Being more alert, Elaine opened her eyes enough for me to snap a picture of them:

Not sure if you can see it, but she does have Sam's blue eyes!

No comments: