Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mac and cheese...cake

Sort of a pun on words there.


:)


Over the weekend, our Mac Mini arrved. There was great excitement when FedEx delivered the package. However, Peter and Natalie were a slightly disappointed with the "apple" delivery as it turned out not to be food.


The big reveal:


Sam has been working hard to get it integrated into our tv theater system. Despite a couple road bumps, he is so dedicated and persistent. Reminds me of the time when we tried working on our physics problems together back in college! I, unfortunately, was not as persistent and just wanted to skip to the next problem. It's nice to know some good things never change!


I took on the family challenge to make a cheesecake. The kids (and Daddy) asked me to make one so I set out to please them even though I had never made one before. Oh, the things a Mommy will do for her family! I settled on a recipe in my "Friends of Pharmacy" cookbook (for those who might also have this book) called Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake bars. Instead of bars, I made a circular cake with my spring form pan. It turned out prety well for my first time. I might suggest baking a little longer than the recipe says (if you make a circular one) as the center wasn't as firm as it should be. Nevertheless, I was proud of the fruits of my labor!


And, it was pretty good!

No comments: