Monday, July 7, 2008

Two weeks and over 150 diapers later

Thanks to all of you who've sent their well wishes for baby Elaine!
It's been a rough two weeks, but I feel the six of us (including Sydney) remain survivors.
Elaine continues to do well. As some of you may know, she had the unfortunate luck to get some of my hyperthyroidism antibodies in her bloodstream. She's been on medication to lower her thyroid levels. Fortunately, it's temporary and she's already showing signs of outgrowing it as her dose has been lowered as of today. Otherwise, she's gaining weight and eating very well. Her nights and days are still a little switched, but hopefully that will correct itself soon!
Peter and Natalie are being great older siblings. They just loves to give baby Elaine hugs and kisses all the time. It is apparent that Peter is a "pro" when it comes to being a big brother whereas Natalie is exploring her new world of being a younger and an older sister. Ah...Welcome to the world of the middle child, Natalie! I hope you take it well!
Sam has been a huge help, sacrificing a lot of time from his work to stay home and help out in every way possible. I'm afraid that time to get into the normal routine is nearing or upon us. I haven't yet gotten a grasp of how I'm going to handle three kids at home on my own. Worse off, how will I be able to get them all out of the house on my own. At times like these, I often think back and rest assured that my mom, too, was a mother of three. So far, all 3 of us turned out fine and my mom still has her hair! I, too, will survive. (*channeling in some Gloria Gaynor*). If all fails, I take comfort in also watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 and thank God that I have only 3 not 8 mouths to feed!
I leave this entry with Elaine's first video appearance - shortly after birth.
This is how she started...we'll see how she'll grow!

No comments: