Thursday, September 4, 2008

The nasal aspirator

Meet the nasal aspirator


We have had many terrible moments using the nasal aspirator with Peter and Natalie. Like most babies (I think), they HATED it. Most times, it would take both Sam and I working together to effectively clear out our babies' noses. Whenever they got a cold, it was the most dreaded thing we had to do.

Well, little Miss Elaine got her first cold this past week. She's been handling it very well and has the stuffy nose. "Ugh!" we thought...nasal aspirator time. When Elaine started to snort like a little piggy, I knew it was time for her to get a dose of the aspirator. To my GREAT surprise, she didn't mind it at all. At times, she actually gave me huge smiles immediately after I used it! It's been two or three days now, and I'm still getting smiles from her. I'm so surprised!

My only conclusion is that every child is different!

No comments: