Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gearing up for Halloween!

It's due time for us to dive into holiday decorating. With the exception of Christmas, I've been a minimalist when it comes to holiday decor around the house. I feel the need to get into all the holidays for the kids to enjoy them and get that experience.
So, here's it starts with Halloween! I was inspired by the ghosts hanging in the windows at Peter's preschool to do this craft project with the kids at home. It came together really quickly. I just grabbed some white, black and orange paper from my plethora of paper supplies, made some cut outs, and handed out the school and stick glue to the kids. Look what we made!


We made a pumpkin and a ghost for each family member, including Sydney. I then let Peter and Natalie put them up on the windows around our dinner table. I think it adds a lot to the room and they love them!

Notice how Sydney's pumpkin and ghost got whiskers and ears!

Peter made Elaine's ghost and Natalie made Elaine's pumpkin.
Finally, from left to right, we have Natalie's, Mommy's, Daddy's and Peter's!


2 comments:

Andrew said...

I like how the ghosts look a little bit like the jellyfish from Mario 1! And I saw that addition placemat that's in your second picture, in the mall the other day and actually thought about getting it for Peter - good thing I decided to wait a little longer before buying it!

Angela said...

OH yeah, we push math here early since Sam got his PhD in Mathematics. Just kidding, sort of. I don't remember when I got the mat - maybe a year ago. I guess it couldn't hurt to see it every day! He's catching on a little bit, though!