The month of November started off to be a busy one. Sam left on November 5th for his teaching trip to Hong Kong. He would come home on the 17th for one night then leave on the 18th for a workshop (conference) in Minneapolis through the 21st. So, I tried to prepare myself for about 2 & 1/2 weeks on my own with the 3 kids. However, I didn't quite get mentally nor physically prepared by the time Sam left that Wednesday afternoon.
Thursday, Novemeber 6th: I had just finished a simple dinner of noodles with the kids when the doorbell rang. I opened up to find my dad, mom and brother standing at my front door! They'd come for a short yet surprise visit! What perfect timing!!!
An added surprise came Friday night when my Aunt Livia from Bakersfield, CA came for one night! She was in Bloominton, IL for a State Farm function and had an extra free night before flying back to California out of O'Hare. Driving alone in the unknown was a big deal for her, so I really appreciated her bravery and efforts to come out to see us! I helped ease her nerves by describing highway driving through Iowa similar to country driving. Mind you, she is from California where highway traffic is of a different world!
It also turned out to be the first weekend of snow in Iowa. It wasn't much but for my family from Georgia, it was a nice rare sight, especially for my brother who misses snow so much! We stayed warm at home for the most part, which was nice to just spend family time together. Peter, Natalie, and Elaine enjoyed the extra company. As always with my family, there was a lot of action in the kitchen and we had some delicious meals that could only come from "Home." Best of all, we had great memories that could only from from FAMILY:
Like Peter giving Gung Gung a kiss goodnight...
Elaine getting face time with Cau Cau Anthony...
Natalie giving Po Po a goodnight kiss...
Gung Gung meeting his 5th grandchild Elaine...
Great Aunt Livia reading to Peter...
Our family group picture...
All smiles and fun with their uncle...
and finally nap time with Po Po.
Sadly, everyone had left by Sunday afternoon, all was "quiet" again, and I had to prepare for week two alone at home with the kids.



1 comment:
Oh that last picture is priceless! What a nice surprise you got from your family!!
Post a Comment