Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Elaine is a "progress in motion"

On Valentine's Day, I was afflicted with strep throat, which took me down fast and kept me in bed for almost 48 hours. When I emerged from my "quarantine", I just watched the kids as I hadn't seen much of them in 2 days. I clearly noticed that Elaine is growing quickly!

Just in the past weekend, I feel like she's done so well on the crawling! She's really getting her booty (sorry, that's what I call them) up in the air and lifting her tummy off the ground. She's starting to rock back on forth on her hands and knees like she's gearing up to take off!

She's also completely mastered the sitting up thing.

She hasn't figured out how to get into the sitting position herself but surely that's not far down the road. Sam and I saw her try to pull herself up in her crib today. We're certain we'll walk in one morning only to find her her sitting up in her crib one day. The same thing happened with Peter (maybe even Natalie) - missed the big moment when they figure out how to sit up on their own.

Oh, how we parents live for these milestones!

No comments: