Sunday, April 18, 2010

Expanding our toy horizons

The invasion has begun...new toys are entering our lives. Remember the days of colored blocks, Leapfrog caterpillar, and Thomas trains? They're slowly becoming a distant memory as the kids grow older. Fisher Price is hanging on by a thread aka Elaine. As Peter is getting closer to 6 years old (sniff sniff) and Natalie is starting her 4th year (sniff sniff), their interests have expanded to a new level of toys.

Let me introduce to you, Legos! Peter has always enjoyed building towers. I guess Legos have also been in our lives for years with those mega blocks...at least since 2007:

Then last fall, I just had to take the kids to their first Lego store on Magnificent Mile in Chicago:

Can you feel the excitement?
And how cool was it to build his first Lego model (Anakin's skyfighter)!?:

Now after Mommy went to the Lego Outlet store in Atlanta with Ai-Yoo and Po-Po, our house is filled with Lego building blocks with SO many possibilities.

I have to admit, I enjoyed building the beach house model with Peter to the point that I waited until they went to bed to build the another model house! The kit from Po-Po has 3 house plans! I can almost see myself old and grey putting Lego models together with my huge magnifying glass and all!

And let us not forget that I mentioned a trip to the American Girl store. Po-Po was caught up in the frenzy and got a Itty Baby Twin girl for Natalie, her very first American Girl doll. Most likely, it'll be her only after I saw the price tags on these dolls! Yowza! I loved the fact the doll resembles Elaine and it'd be like Natalie taking care of a baby Elaine. Natalie, on the other hand, loved the fact the doll had underpants too! :) The girl has her special priorities!

No comments: