Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Peter's first black eye

Last Monday I got a message from the school.
(I didn't get it right away as the call came while I was in the dentist chair)
The message (and my thoughts) went a little something like this:

"Angela, this is [so-and-so] from Regina..." (uh-oh)
"Peter had an accident..." (bathroom or serious accident?)
"He fell from the monkey bars..." (OH NO! WHICH HOSPITAL?!?)
"He hit near his eye, but is ok. He seems pretty upset..." (my poor baby!)
"If you could call us back,..." (I'm right across the street & on my way)
"Peter would feel better if he could just hear your voice." (OMGOODNESS, I'm coming baby!)

On my way to the playground to find him, I bumped into him with our friend Lily (holding hands, very cute) in the hallway. He had an ice pack to return to the office. He ran right into my arms and was telling me all about his fall. He grabbed my hand and started to lead me to the playground to show me exactly which monkey bar he hit. At this point, I knew he was ok.

Apparently, his hands slipped on a wet bar which left him falling down and hitting his head on the step bar below. From the looks of how tall the monkey bars are, it was quite the fall. He recovered well enough to show me what he was trying to do.

Another milestone: Peter can make it all the way across the monkey bars by himself!

Here's Peter showing his playground badge of honor:




Side note: First black eye...just in time for school pictures two days later!

No comments: