Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Character Counts - Hawkeye day at Regina

This week at Regina, they are celebrating Character Counts week. Every day, they have something special for the Regina Pillars of Character the kids are learning:

Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility,
Fairness, Caring, Citizenship, and Faith.

I was able to attend Monday's assembly, which was Hawkeye day with some surprise Hawkeye visitors. First, for Peter, it was a surprise for him that I showed up! He was so excited that he got to sit with me in the bleachers and chose to sit all the way at the top!

We got to see some Iowa Dance team members, Iowa kicker Daniel Murray (who - as a side note - is currently a student in one of Sam's classes) and defensive lineman Adrian Clayborn, and Herky. All the kids were so excited to see them, sang the Hawkeye fight song and were eager to give high fives to Herky.

Herky does look pretty cool.

At the end, most of the kids crowded the players, dance members, and Herky for pictures. Mrs. Poss' class were so good, lined up, and walked back to their classroom. Peter didn't seem to care for a photo opp with Herky. I could see he was just content that I was there. (heart melting)



Before I left, I seized a photo opp with Herky!

I felt pretty cool!
(Wait, am I - the Georgia Bulldogs girl - becoming a Hawkeyes fan?)

No comments: