I finally went back to work part time back in April. So, before the preschool school year begins, we're sending Elaine to the daycare at her preschool. She's been very excited to start school and has enjoyed every minute. Luckily, more days than not, her potty training is still sticking (thanks to persistent teachers and their patience).
One shocking change has been seeing Elaine nap. I remember the day she turned 2 on that cruise ship in the middle of Alaskan waters, she stopped regularly napping. We tried so hard to get her back to the regular napper she was to no avail. In the past week, she has napped all but one day at daycare. The teachers say she fights nap time and screams "I want my Mommy" (pulling sword out of my heart). Then, they said they let her be, and before they know it, little Miss Elaine is asleep on her cot. Albeit upside down, she's napping...quite beautifully.

No comments:
Post a Comment