I never thought this would be an issue, but it's happened several times in the last week alone. Both Peter and Natalie fail to clear their fingers out of harm's way: their teeth. Their cries from the pain seem so severe - as I'm sure it clearly hurts to bite your own finger. I've learned to discern this cry from all other types by the tell tale sign of the injured finger stinking straight up. It might be even more than one finger, so that needs to be taken into consideration.
So, either my kids are starving and try to eat their own fingers or they are not thinking about their fingers when they stuff that piece of bread in their mouths to chew. I'm confident it's the later since I feel like I slave in the kitchen WAY too much for them to be starving!
But, luckily when a child is crying, nothing is more soothing than a kiss on the boo-boo and a warm hug from Mommy. As a tip to other or future moms, I have convinced Peter and Natalie that their own kisses have major healing power as well. This is good just in case I'm not immediately there to heal an ouchy or if the ouchy is somewhere I'd rather not kiss (ie: booty).
No comments:
Post a Comment