Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Anxiety to the max

As my 37 week appointment approached this Friday (of course, Friday the 13th!), I'm getting more and more anxious as to what will happen. Likely (and hopefully), my OB will check my dilation. If things progressed like with Natalie's pregnancy, I could be close to 7-8cm dilated by now, at which point I'd hope I would not get sent home - again. Also, we are having record flooding in Iowa City. Unfortunately, the Iowa River separates us from the hospital. We've been eyeing bridges and making alternative routes. It looks that a couple bridges could get flooded over with the water level just 3 or so feet roaring below. They are forecasting that by next Wednesday, there will be possibly a 3-4 feet increase in the river levels!!!
So, with all that in mind, I'm feeling my heart racing a lot!
As for the weekend to come, it comforts us a lot that Sam's brother Jim will be visiting us from Chattanooga, TN from Thursday night through Monday morning. Making sure the kids have someone to watch them as we go into labor is one of the MAJOR things Sam and I have worried about. Having Jim in the house would make MUCH easier and faster! I'd feel terrible if Jim's weekend turned out to be a big babysitting job for him, but we would owe him dearly!
Peter also made a joke (all conjured up in his head by himself) tonight that made a slight possibility pushed into the forefront. Here it goes:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Uncle Jim and the baby at the same time!
Ha ha ha ha ha!
Trust me, we laughed but through a little bit of fear that he knows something we that don't!
I would be in quite the pickle if I go into labor while Sam is an hour away at the Moline airport!
Let's hope that doesn't happen!

1 comment:

TJ said...

if you go into labor tonight, call me and i will come pick you up :)...hopefully this won't won't be as fast as Nata was... if you feel labor coming one, i can 'babysit' you while Sam is in Moline :)