Monday, August 4, 2008

Elaine's 6-week birthday

Amazing! It's already been 6 weeks since Elaine was born!
She has gone through many changes and has grown quite a bit. At her 1-month appointment last Thursday, she weight 10 lbs and measured 22 inches, having gained 2 lbs and 2 inches in 1 month! So, safe to say, the "milk maids" are delivering enough milk. :)
In the past week or so, she's become more alert and finally interested in toys around her.

Notice she also has a persistent curl of hair on her left temple. I love it.

She also seems to enjoy daytime naps more in her comfy swing than in her crib
(who wouldn't, right?)
But following tradition, she's become less interested in sleeping during the days and initially at night. Also, there's a bit more crying but nothing I hadn't expected at this age. It's a little rough, but "this too will pass".
At least Elaine makes it hard to be upset when she also started to smile to our goofy sounds,
like this cute snapshot:

Too bad I only had my cell phone camera on hand, but I'm sure there will be more ahead!

No comments: