In the first weeks of being in preschool, Peter already brought home two art projects. The first one is very cute. If you can see, it has his thumb print (maybe a couple prints) in the doorway of the school house above where it says "I'm thumbody special". To the right, it says "I had fun playing with the trucks today." Peter tells me that he got to put the boy and school bus figure on the picture. :) He seemed very excited about that.
Week two's Art project: "Me Flag" has a picture of him from last week, and the lyrics to the song he just learned "I am special". On the back, he got to glue foam shapes which he was very proud of. When I picked him up on Thursday, I was a little early and thankfully so. I saw the preschoolers get lined up in front of the school, waving these flags and parading around singing
(to the tune of "Are you sleeping")
"I am special, I am special,
if you look, you will see,
someone very special,
someone very special,
that is me, that is me."
Peter was still singing the song in the car and at home. He really loves learning these new songs and dances (like the Hoppy Boppy Freeze"); I just wish I was there to hear and see what they're doing because I don't always get the full song or picture of what he learned. It's a little sad that now there's someone else in his life - his teachers. I feel like I have to let go of him a little in this experience called school. It's not easy after 3.75 years of being the one with him all the time. *sniff sniff*
Peter is a growing little boy, who likes to say hello to his shadow every now and then...
Peter is a growing little boy, who likes to say hello to his shadow every now and then...
No comments:
Post a Comment