Things were going well until Elaine finally decided it was time for her to have a bowel movement. To spare the messy details, let's just say I started my second load of laundry at 10am.
In the middle of the cleaning and laundry, Natalie had her own diaper issues, but by far the most normal occurence of the day. Just another mess to clean up.
Peter started to feel better and himself by 10:30am. I ended up having to cook a second breakfast of pancakes, eggs, blueberries and milk. Peter was starving. Natalie followed suit and wanted to eat too. They both ate more than any normal breakfast! After he was finished, Peter thought since he ate all his food, he was now ready to go to school. It was, again, devastating to him when I explained that there would be no school today. That set the tone for a good while.
So, as I'm trying to dry and fold the first two loads of laundry, Peter announced that he didn't make it to the bathroom and had an accident. Poor guy! It was obvious that Peter was having an "off" day because this would be one of two accidents of the day. Yet, another mess to clean up - I've lost count by this point - and another set of clothes waiting for the laundry...and it was only 2pm.
Before I totally lost it, I decided to go outside with the kids for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, breezy, sunny, and in the 70s. The fresh air was good for all of us. Peter rode his trike, Natalie pushed her empty stroller, and Elaine enjoyed the walk in her stroller. The best part came at the end of our walk. Peter lost his momentum and couldn't get up our driveway. Here's what happened next:
How cute was that! Lil' Sister Nata to the rescue! :)
After our walk, the next 3 hours consisted of Natalie's nap, Elaine napping on and off, and Peter and I doing everything from watching a show, playing games, and finishing that laundry!
How do I think I faired on this midterm of all tests of a day? Well...I passed, but always can do better tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment